Sunday, June 22, 2008

So, the bunch of backsides that I work for have decided that no one will be getting a pay rise this year..... not because people think their products are shameful or their services revolve around spin, lies and excuses...no... its because the shares are HIGH and will probably go down and all the managers are having trouble fueling their 4 and 5 litre 4x4 SUV'S.

It sounds like I'm upset, but I'm not, I've not had a pay rise in 5 years, not even inflation based rise. I'm just amazed at the excuses that are being used. No doubt next year will be "Sorry no pay rises as the company is washing its hair"

as a result of the doubling of fuel prices over here and no pay rise I'll mostly having "Princes Tomato and Sardine Paste" for lunch in a bread buttie. Lovely.

4 comments:

petercmoore said...

Hmmm... Yes. Been there. In nearly 5 years at Schlumberger/Sema/Atos I had only 1 pay rise, lower than inflation.

First year we were told that the UK operation wasn't profitable despite the fact that internationally the company was doing very well. So we couldn't have a pay rise.

The next year we were told that even though the UK was making record profits, the global company wasn't doing well. So we couldn't have a pay rise.

Somehow they still managed to promote f*ckwits with no experience and nothing much else going for them into senior positions...

chux said...

oh the pathetic excuses they make eh. I almost look forward to those chats just to see what absolute twoddle they will spin this time. It amazes me that they think people believe the excuses.
Share prices again eh?! Too high this time and they are worried people might catch on that its a crappy company and try to sell up before we dissolve into 'crab paste'.
Its all down to greed again! Sorry we cant give you a payrise because our houses arn't quite big enough.

Anonymous said...

I was in Tescos just now and found a new variety of these "Toast Toppers/Sandwich Spreads"... this one was on special offer - "Shiphams Tuna paste and Strawberry Jam Sandwich Spread" - I was going to get you some but I guess you won't be needing stuff like that any more.... muahahahahahaaaa

Warrenetta Baker said...

Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. This is a quote by Burton Hills and I firmly believe in it.